Sunday, July 26, 2009

John Benson's First Wife

From the household examination record I see John Benson moved to page 1030 in 85 (1885). Bringing up that record shows his wife Thilda Svensson and son Julius Teodor.



There are some notes to the right. I joined the SWEDEN mailing list where many wonderful people help you with translations and other things that pertain to Swedish genealogy. The response I get back about the notes is:


Lodger Jöns Beter Bengtsson's remark: belongs to year 1887 7th class of

conscripts. Certificate to America the 26th Mar(?) 1888(?).



It looks like this was written over some other remark.

This makes sense to me that he came to America in 1888 because I can't find him in the 1890 Swedish census.


I had to know if this was really his child and wife. So I look up the records and find he is the father of Julius and the husband of Thilda.

Click on the images to make them bigger.








Next I look for his wife and child in the census for the United States and Sweden.