Sunday, August 3, 2008

Selma Antonson Birth Record

I made a trip to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah in 2002. I had great help from the people working there. I was immediately able to find Selma’s birth record.

Of course her father’s first name is Anton. That’s how Selma got her surname, based on the first name of the father and eventually most people choose son instead of dotter after the last name. Selma’s father’s name is Anton Svenson. From the wonderful people in Salt Lake City who translated the record, Anton is a farmer who lived in Ahlabäcken.

Selma’s mother was Laura Larsdotter, 34 years old. Selma was born on January 8, 1870 so Laura was born about 1835/1836.



Also while in Salt Lake City I try to find the birth record for John Benson. I went through about half the parish records and I did not find him.